Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Page Wreath

Last winter I was browsing through my Pottery Barn catalogue and saw this... I L-O-V-E-D it and have wanted to make one of my own ever since. Almost one year later I finally did... I am so happy, happy. First, I googled "Pottery Barn Book Page Wreath" so I could see the original picture from the catalogue ( I know I ripped it out for inspiration back in December of '09 but I couldn't find it) Then, I googled tutorials for the wreath. There are quite a few out there. Honestly when I followed a couple of the tutorials my wreath wasn't looking exactly like the one in PB so I merged a few of the techniques together then added some of my own techniques and I think I got pretty darn close to the original. I used 3 different vintage books so I would have different shades of worn book pages and different sizes. All of my books were thrifted. One of the books was over 100 years old, one was 80 and the other was 40. I love making things out of old books. I love how they smell and how they feel. There are so many cool thinks out in blogland to make with old books I've got to get busy.
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...