Friday, December 4, 2009

ready or not here comes Christmas!

We were out of the state for Thanksgiving so I wasn't able to decorate for Christmas the day after like I usually do. When I got back from vacation it was time for me to start working everyday at the preschool. I have had a lot going on and I can't believe how long is taking me to decorate the house and post about it. Christmas just snuck up on me!
I want to share some corners of my home. I'll start with my kitchen. I usually go over the top and kitschy for the kitchen with vintage santas, vintage christmas linens and lots of red, but this year I opted for a warm cozy feel with greenery, silvery and cream...
here's how it looks

my centerpiecea cozy corner

nativity my grandparents gave me for my 2nd Christmas, December 1977

I am happy with the overall calming feel of the kitchen but I couldn't be totally kitschless, so i I added some vintage greenery and a mushroom in front of a vintage recipe for fruit cake in my kitchen cupboard :)

Love to all, Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...