Monday, August 10, 2009

My New Favorite Lunch

I was reading one of my old Mary Engelbreit Home Companions (a void was left in my life when this magazine folded) the other night before bed and I came across this recipe (well this is my version): 1-Butter one side of a slice of white bread and spread pesto on the other. Place the bread in a warm skillet butter side down. 2-Top the pesto with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. 3-Next, put on a couple slices of tomato and top them off with another slice of cheddar. 4-Finally, add another slice of bread on top, buttered on the top side. Flip it once until it is golden brown on one side and let it brown on the other side (just like a grilled cheese) It is so yummy and so simple. You really should try it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I will! It sounds sooooooo GOOD! Try this too, I made it up....Take a chunk of french bread and cut it in half, place both peices of bread soft side up, spread mayo on the bread then add a thick slice of fresh tomato and sprinkle with a little s&p, then add a couple shaved slices of Honey maple boars head turkey and top with a slice of munster cheese, place in oven and toast,then remove and drizzle Ken's Light Ceasar on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. YUM YUM! Nice and toasty! xox
    -Critty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...